Career Fair Information for Employers
The Career Development Center reserves the right to change career fair policies, procedures, and rates as needed.
Registration is now open for the Fall Career Fair through Handshake!
Fall Career Fair: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Winter Career Fair: Tuesday, January 28, 2020
We have now set up an online payment system using CashNet. Please select "Credit Card" during registration if you wish to use this method. When you receive your email confirmation, you will have a link to download your invoice. To get to your payment page, please click the hyperlinked text reading 'your registration' in the email body. That will bring you back to the registration page, and you will see the green "Pay Now" button. This brings you to the CashNet system to enter credit card information and print your receipt. You will be returned to your registration page upon payment.
For those paying by check, please select "Manual" and follow the directions in your email confirmation. Please ensure to include the mailcode in our address in order for us to receive payment promptly.
Fall Career Fair
Date and Time: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 - 10:00am to 2:00pm
Location: Brown Gym
- Check-in between 8:00am and 9:30am on the north side of Brown Gym.
- Lunch and breakfast are included in the registration fee.
- Breakfast will be available after check-in.
- Lunch will be available in a tent adjacent to the gym from 12pm to 1pm.
Reminder: The event ends promptly at 2pm.
Wi-Fi is available in Brown Gym. You will be given the password when you check-in.
Space is quite limited inside our gym. In an effort to accommodate as many employers as possible so that our students have the best chance for an opportunity, we ask that you do not bring any oversized displays. Your booth space will have one 6ft table with a slight space between your table and the one next to you. All displays must fit within the 6ft width of your table (either on the table or behind the table). Please note that your booth will only have electricity if you requested it when you registered and paid the $75 fee. Otherwise, no electricity will be available. Due to safety concerns, we cannot allow you to run your own extension cord from your booth to a wall outlet.
*Please see an example of acceptable displays here.*
Many companies bring promotional items, in addition to company literature. Please plan on bringing enough for 300 people. Your packages should be marked with your company name and mailed to:
Caltech Fall Career Fair
Attn: <YOUR COMPANY NAME>
391 S. Holliston Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91125
If your company uses a third-party shipping company, please ensure that your materials and display booth are marked clearly with your company name. Please schedule your packages to be delivered the week of October 7th. Your boxes should arrive no earlier than Monday, October 7th and no later than Friday, October 11th. Your materials will be placed at your table the morning of the event.
Note: Each table is 6 feet wide. This event is indoors, but please do not hang displays on the walls.
- Please bring completed return shipping slips (with your account information) for all of your packages. We recommend using FedEx or UPS service. Sealed and properly addressed packages will be handled by Caltech Shipping & Receiving staff.
- We suggest you also bring other packing supplies, such as tape, scissors, markers, etc.
- Note: The Career Development Center will not be held responsible for packing any company materials, nor will we pay for shipping and handling.
- Make sure all forms are properly filled otherwise Shipping & Receiving will not accept your packages.
The loading and unloading area for packages and passengers will be located on the east side of Brown Gym.
Due to construction on campus, parking is extremely limited. Please carpool or rideshare.
- For this event, parking will be allowed only in the underground Caltech parking structure next to Brown Gym. Refer to the campus map.
- A volunteer will be distributing an all-day parking pass as you drive into the structure. Passes are free, but space limited.
- Place your pass on your dashboard.
- Park your car only in an unnamed space. Avoid reserved spaces for carpools, handicapped, loading, students, or temporary parking.
- If handicapped parking is needed, cars displaying handicapped placards may park in any designated handicapped spot on campus.
- A parking pass for each representative is included in the registration fee.
The California Tech, our student newspaper, is an additional source for advertising. If you plan to place an ad, please email email@example.com directly.
Cancellation Policy: Any cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the date listed in your confirmation email.
No-Show policy: Career Fair "no-shows" are not entitled to transfers or refunds at any time. No-shows forfeit their entire registration fee and materials, and are not eligible to roll the registration package over to another event. To avoid being considered a no-show, please email email@example.com and cancel no later than the date specified in your confirmation email.